Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Research Manager, Insights
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
The Insights Practice
Everything we do at Madano is driven by evidence and insights. The insights practice help clients define their strategies, deliver their objectives and demonstrate their value:
- We deliver targeted and effective stakeholder engagement strategies by using data science and statistical analysis to identify and segment influencer landscapes
- We use behaviour change theory and innovative qualitative research to deliver the right message to the right people at the right time
- We provide strategic advice and frameworks that help businesses and organisations understand what it is they are trying to achieve and how they can demonstrate their impact
We work across Madano and AVENIR GLOBAL clients, with an emphasis on healthcare.
We are looking for a highly-skilled, well-organised and proactive research manager to join our growing insights team. This role offers fantastic opportunities for a curious and ambitious person willing to learn and to play a leading role in delivering high value insights projects for cutting-edge global healthcare clients that want to better understand patients, physicians and their market.
The role requires a demonstrable track record of project management and co-ordination of multi-market qualitative and/or quantitative research studies. Sound methodological competence is a must as you drive projects from conception to completion; the ability to work flexibly, iteratively and in some cases without a clear client brief is also essential. You will work with our methodological specialists in qualitative research, quantitative methods and data science to deliver and game-changing insights and a great experience for clients at Madano and the clients of our wider network of AVENIR GLOBAL companies. If you have these skills and want to work in a dynamic and collegiate environment, then take a look at the job spec below and get in touch.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days annual leave
- Discretionary bonus
- Employer pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance
- Travel insurance
- Annual Wellness Benefit
Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period. If you’re interested in hearing more, please email us, or if you’d like to apply, please send your latest CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
- Able to act as point of contact with key internal and external clients and develop ongoing trusted relationships
- Able to work collaboratively to develop creative and practical solutions to challenging client briefs
- Experience of financial and resource management.
- Ability to provide strategic advice to clients, having active understanding and awareness of wider business objectives and market context.
- Track record of establishing a relationship as a trusted advisor with clients on research and insights
Research and Insights Expertise
- Strong survey management and co-ordination experience, with skills to deliver multi-market projects working with client and third-party input
- Experience in combining, cleaning and organizing structured and unstructured data
- Strong Excel and Database skills
- Ability to analyse, interpret and effectively communicate (visually, verbally and in writing) quantitative research findings to clients
- Understanding of qualitative research methods and integrating these with other methodologies
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experience using statistical packages
- Basic understanding of data science languages and principles
- Experience of data visualization and BI dashboards
- BHBIA or EpHMRA training on research Ethics, Adverse Events and Pharmacovigilance
- Support and work with the Insights leadership to drive the insights team forward by taking responsibility for key internal client relationships and developing insights teams’ collateral and new business materials.
- Willingness to speak at industry events and submit industry awards
- Proactive in development of own network and identification of potential new business opportunities
- Experience of contributing to successful research proposals
- Experience and ability to develop and lead new areas of business development.
- Experience of successfully responding to RfPs
- Experience speaking at industry events and winning industry awards
People and Project Management
- Some experience in training and mentoring more junior staff
- Ability to successfully lead and deliver research projects, including coordinating and motivating project teams from multiple organisations
- Willingness to play a role in the everyday operations and culture of Madano
- Experience training and mentoring more junior staff
- Demonstrable applying social theory and innovate social research methods to strategic communications
- An understanding of communications and marketing strategies and techniques available within the industry and at Madano and how they can benefit a client