Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Research Manager, Insights and Intelligence Practice
Insights at Madano
Everything we do at Madano is driven by evidence and insights. The insights practice helps build a better world by focusing social science with data science. Bespoke solutions deliver unique insights and crystal clarity to drive powerful communications. We do this by:
- Delivering targeted and effective stakeholder engagement strategies by using data science and statistical analysis to identify and segment influencer landscapes
- Using behaviour change theory and innovative qualitative research to deliver the right message to the right people at the right time
- Providing strategic advice and frameworks that help businesses and organisations understand what it is they are trying to achieve and how they can demonstrate their impact
We are looking for a highly-skilled, well-organised and proactive research manager to join our growing insights team. This role offers fantastic opportunities for a curious and ambitious person willing to learn and to play a leading role in delivering high value insights projects for cutting-edge clients who are shaping the future.
The role requires a demonstrable track record of project management and co-ordination of qualitative and/or quantitative research studies. Sound methodological competence is a must as you drive projects from conception to completion; the ability to work flexibly, iteratively and in some cases without a clear client brief is also essential. You will work with our methodological specialists in qualitative research, quantitative methods and data science to deliver game-changing insights and a great experience for clients at Madano and the clients of our wider network of AVENIR GLOBAL companies.
What you’ll bring to the role
- A strong interest in using qualitative and quantitative data and evidence to help business making-decisions
- A high level of IT and digital literacy, particularly with Office suite and basic data analysis packages e.g. Python, Stata etc
- Ability to understand and lead on research projects, identify challenges and solutions
- Ability to deliver high quality, precision and details in tight timeframes
- Interest and understanding of the role of information and communication of the behaviour of people, organisations and societies
About Madano – Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Operating across a range of industries, we provide clarity in uncertain times and specialist subject areas. We simplify complexity, enabling individuals and organisations to make informed decisions on the issues that matter. Our work is underpinned by our insights capabilities, which allow us to provide evidence-based, intelligence-led plans and recommendations. This flows seamlessly into our creative practice, where strategy and creativity integrate to provide consistent, high-quality design. Combined, these twin functions form the core of our offer, defining how we create opportunities, add value and drive businesses forward.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days alongside length of service)
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (for you and your family)
- Income protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4 x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- Annual wellness benefit of £150
- Four-week sabbatical after every 5 years’ service
Some benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment. However, please note that Madano is not registered to sponsor applicants.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop, and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
Want to be part of shaping the future? Here’s where to start.
Send us your latest CV, along with answers to the below questions (150 words max for each) to [email protected]
- Having read this job advert, what do you understand as the role of the insights team at Madano?
- What in your view is the biggest challenge and opportunity currently facing social and market researchers?
We look forward to hearing from you.