Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Data Scientist, Insights and Intelligence Practice
Everything we do at Madano is driven by evidence and insights. The insights practice help clients define their strategies, deliver their objectives and demonstrate their value:
- We deliver targeted and effective stakeholder engagement strategies by using data science and statistical analysis to identify and segment influencer landscapes
- We use behaviour change theory and innovative qualitative research to deliver the right message to the right people at the right time
- We provide strategic advice and frameworks that help businesses and organisations understand what it is they are trying to achieve and how they can demonstrate their impact
We are looking for a highly-skilled, analytically creative and enthusiastic person to join our growing insights team. This data science role offers fantastic opportunities for an ambitious person to play a leading role in driving innovation and delivering best-in-class client work for our international team.
The role requires a demonstrable track record working with complex data sets and experience developing innovative, practical, and effective analysis in a commercial setting. You will work in our data science and Insights team to take Madano’s offer to the next level, further embedding data and evidence into client relationships within Madano and across the wider network of AVENIR Global companies. If you are entrepreneurial, driven and want to work in a dynamic and collegiate environment, then we want to hear from you.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and practical analytical solutions to challenging client briefs
- Good communication skills, particularly the ability to clearly explain complex methodologies, subject matter and insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong coding skills and experience in Python (required)
- Experience using SQL for data extraction (highly desirable)
- Experience of working with a variety of real-world structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets
- Strong statistical analysis skills (e.g. clustering, dimensionality reduction, regression)
- Experience of applied research or analytics in a commercial setting (highly desirable)
- Support and work with the senior management team to drive the insights team forward by taking responsibility for key innovation projects and product development.
- Ability to successfully lead and deliver development or research projects, including leading small teams of researchers and analysts to tackle client briefs
- Demonstrable interest in applying innovative data science methods to social, communications, or market research
- Track record of establishing a relationship as a trusted advisor with clients on data and insights
- Experience using cloud services (particularly Azure)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience of working with and collecting open data (e.g. webscraping, APIs)
- Interest in Natural Language Processing or Network Analysis
- Experience and ability to develop and lead an area of business development
- Experience training and mentoring team members in data science techniques
- An understanding of communications and marketing tools available within the industry and how they can benefit a client.
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Operating across a range of industries, we provide clarity in uncertain times and specialist subject areas. We simplify complexity, enabling individuals and organisations to make informed decisions on the issues that matter. Our work is underpinned by our insights capabilities, which allow us to provide evidence-based, intelligence-led plans and recommendations. This flows seamlessly into our creative practice, where strategy and creativity integrate to provide consistent, high-quality design. Combined, these twin functions form the core of our offer, defining how we create opportunities, add value and drive businesses forward.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days alongside length of service)
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance (for you and your family)
- Income protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4 x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- Annual wellness benefit of £150
- Four-week sabbatical after every 5 years’ service
Some benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment. However, please note that Madano is not registered to sponsor applicants.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop, and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
Want to be part of shaping the future? Here’s where to start.
Send us your latest CV, along with answers to the below questions (250 words max for each) to [email protected]
- What recent development within data science, data engineering, analytics or allied fields are you most excited about and why?
- What in your view is the biggest challenge data science is currently facing and what is the impact of this issue?
We look forward to hearing from you.