Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Research Executive, Insights and Intelligence Team
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Everything we do at Madano is driven by evidence and insights. The insights practice help clients define their strategies, deliver their objectives and demonstrate their value:
- We deliver targeted and effective stakeholder engagement strategies by using data science and statistical analysis to identify and segment influencer landscapes
- We use behaviour change theory and innovative qualitative research to deliver the right message to the right people at the right time
- We provide strategic advice and frameworks that help businesses and organisations understand what it is they are trying to achieve and how they can demonstrate their impact
Description of Role and Responsibilities
Madano is looking for a Research Executive to join our Insights and Intelligence Team. This position will allow the successful applicant to develop their interest in using evidence and data to drive business decision-making.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative analysis, with support; as well as work with large data sets, conduct social media analysis and a range of desk research. We are looking for someone who will enjoy contributing their own ideas around the research design as well as drawing out key insights at the analysis stage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in using qualitative and quantitative data and evidence to help business decision-making
- A high level of IT and digital literacy (particularly with the Office suite, basic data analysis packages e.g. R or Stata)
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand research problems and suggest appropriate methods
- Ability to deliver high quality, precision and detail in tight timeframes
- An interest in the role of information and communication of the behaviour of people, organisations and societies
- A willingness to share ideas, give and receive feedback and thrive in a collaborative environment
Additional preferred skills:
- Knowledge of the social research, market research or data science sector, commercially or as part of a degree
- Comfortable managing and interpreting quantitative data sets and/or familiarity with principles of analysing qualitative data
- Specific quantitative (e.g. questionnaire design) and qualitative research (e.g. interviewing) skills
- Knowledge or interest in big data, data science techniques and computer programming languages
How to Apply
If you are a recent graduate who is interested in a career in market research, or data science, or an early career researcher looking for a new, interesting challenge, please read carefully the person specification below and send an up to date CV and your answers to three questions below to [email protected]. The answer to each question should be no longer than 150 words.
- You have read Madano’s values and ambitions in the introduction section above, how do the values motivate you to work for Madano?
- What motivates you to pursue a research career with Madano?
- Tell me about a time in the last year when you’ve been either surprised, proud or excited of what you achieved outside university. What were you doing?
Your career development is important for us at Madano. You will have access to exceptional training to support with your development. This will include formal training from internal and external trainers, Lunch and Learns, one to one training and mentorship. In addition, you will benefit from working with an experienced and motivated team.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.