Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
HR Business Partner
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
HR Business Partner – The role
The person will be responsible for driving the talent, culture and people requirements in Madano, including attraction, performance, reward, retention and employee relations. Supporting HR strategies, processes and initiatives to create an environment of engaged high performing people, in an environment that allows them to thrive and make a positive contribution to the success of Madano. The person will work with Talent and HR professionals across the wider group and lead and implement activities for Madano.
- Be the HR and talent lead for Madano, reporting to the Managing Partner and working closely with the HR Director.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships at director / senior leader level, consulting on requirements to develop and implement appropriate HR strategies
- Oversee cyclical HR programmes such as performance reviews and pay/ reward processes
- Initiate, lead and manage talent and HR projects as needed throughout the business including the recruitment of all personnel across the business
- Contribute to and lead, where applicable, change and transformation projects within Madano
- Work, in collaboration with the Managing Partner, on succession planning and recruitment
- Plan and implement continual professional development programs across the business
- Proactively support and collaborate with colleagues both within the various account groups and wider leadership teams
- Collaborate with the HR practitioners across the wider group (EMEA and North America) on ad hoc projects and policies
- Support the Senior Management Team communications with the Managing Partner and AVENIR GLOBAL leadership
- Be the Secretariat for Senior Management Team (SMT) Meetings and be responsible for actions and delivery of actions
- Responsibility, alongside the Managing Partner, for driving agendas and focus for Quarterly Madano Meetings and the Annual Company Away Day which is a critical part of the business planning process.
Key skills, knowledge & experience:
- A qualified HR professional with membership of a relevant professional body
- HR generalist experience, with successful track record in partnering with business leaders
- Innovative and collaborative in approach
- Experience of managing/ leading change/culture change
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure with changing priorities and time constraints
- Highly credible with the ability to influence
- A pragmatic change agent with an astute commercial understanding providing innovative solutions
- A strategic thinker but able to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Able to work confidently with directors and senior leaders and challenge ideas, practices and thinking in a constructive way
What the role can offer you
The HR Business Partner will gain highly valuable skills enabling them to more readily attain a general management perspective/role that encompasses the talent, culture, strategic, financial, and operational aspects of leading an organization.
Specifically, the HR Business Partner will:
- Drive the talent agenda in Madano working closely with the Managing Partner and senior team
- Become aware of issues from an integrative, executive leadership perspective
- Obtain an up close and personal understanding of leadership and decision-making related to the simultaneous execution of a complex growth strategy and the transformation of a business
- Work with all staff to ensure that the Managing Partner’s needs are conveyed, that progress is being made in a timely way, and that any demands on Managing Partner’s schedule are understood and agreed upon. The Talent Manager will also work to ensure the SMT needs are conveyed to the Managing Partner for consideration
- Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance
- Present ideas for special projects that might facilitate the Managing Partner’s objectives
- Present findings to the Managing Partner and/or SMT, as appropriate.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
If you’re interested in hearing more, please email us, or if you’d like to apply, please send your latest CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.