Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Account Manager, Technology Practice
Madano’s Technology Practice
Madano has a dedicated Technology Practice with communications specialists who are fascinated by the sector and committed to overcoming client challenges at a time of profound change. We work with clients that are building the businesses and solutions of the future – from zero emission mobility to world-leading AI and cloud and data platforms.
The practice has a successful track record identifying and delivering funding and investment for clients through carefully designed Government Relations programmes; devising and launching high profile thought leadership campaigns and reports; building coalitions of advocates across government, industry and media through the team’s in-depth knowledge of the sector; as well as creating compelling creative and written content for clients.
We are trusted advisors that share our clients’ ambitions to shape the future.
The role – Account Manager
We are looking for an ambitious candidate who thrives on a high level of personal accountability, able to lead and drive accounts forward with a motivation to succeed. Ideally you will have worked as an Account Manager or Senior Account Executive in a communications consultancy, or Communications Officer an in-house role, such as the public sector, a university or trade association.
You will be intellectually curious, and have an interest across the communications spectrum – government affairs, media, and digital. We want someone who can help our clients tell their stories, make change happen, and be an important part of a rapidly growing team.
We are also looking for the following:
- Someone who has an interest in the full spectrum of integrated communications, including government engagement and communications and media relations campaigns, with an understanding of how integrated communications can deliver greater impact
- You will demonstrate an excellent grasp of current events, an interest in complex problems and the technology landscape and an understanding of how they provide context for clients’ and our own business
- Be able to deploy your areas of specialisation without day-to-day supervision
- You will have a good knowledge of how government works, and how organisations can successfully engage with government and policy to achieve change.
- Manage and drive day-to-day accounts and client relationships, have regular contact with key clients.
- Have active understanding and awareness of clients’ issues and broader sector issues
- Understand the Madano business plan, Madano mechanics and your role in the consultancy
- Achieve high quality of work and precision to detail given tight timeframes for delivery of work
- Someone who brings fresh thinking and new approaches to our client offer and new business generation, contributing to the development of pitch documents and attending networking events on a regular basis
- Actively look to expand your contact base and network
- Identify potential new clients and work with your Practice leader, line manager and/or others to identify ways to engage with them
- Be able to build relationships across the practice and wider company
- Managing junior members of the team, offering mentorship across the practice and business
- Being the point of contact day-to-day for client activity, responding to client’s needs and supporting the wider account team
- Contributing to team recruitment efforts
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to work with some of the most interesting, innovative and agenda-setting companies, shaping the future of the sector and the world around us
- The opportunity to put your creativity and drive into action, and see your ideas come to life
- The chance to work with and learn from committed Technology communications specialists in a well respected and fast growing technology communications consultancy.
- First rate, dedicated training that enables employees to take control of their careers to become experts in their field and trusted advisors to clients
Help us Shape the Future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are taking on major challenges of our time through innovation and creative thinking – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes, and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with complex issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package*includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service) excluding bank holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply to this role, please email with your latest CV [email protected]
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.