Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Account Manager, Energy
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Madano’s Energy Practice
Madano has a dedicated Energy Practice with communications specialists who are fascinated by the sector and committed to overcoming client challenges at a time of profound change. We work with clients solving nuclear fusion, using blockchain and AI to disrupt energy markets and the development of zero subsidy renewables to name just a few. We are helping shape the future of energy in the UK.
The practice has a successful track record identifying and delivering funding and investment for clients through carefully designed Government Relations programmes; devising and launching high profile thought leadership campaigns and reports; building coalitions of advocates across government, industry and media through Madano’s in-depth knowledge of the sector; as well as creating compelling audio-visual and written content for clients. We are trusted advisors that share our clients’ ambitions to make energy cleaner, more efficient and more secure.
The role – Account Manager
We are looking for someone who thrives on a high level of personal accountability, with a motivation to succeed, and a willingness to learn. Ideally you will have worked as a Senior Account Executive or Account Manager in a communications agency or multi-organisational communications team, with an interest across the communications spectrum – media, Government affairs, digital. We want someone who can help our clients tell their stories and be a key member of the rapidly growing team.
We are also looking for the following:
- Someone who has an interest in media and government engagement and communications campaigns understanding how integrated communications can deliver greater impact
- Someone who demonstrates a strong grasp of current events and the energy landscape and an understanding of how they provide context for clients’ and our own business
- Someone with a good knowledge of digital communications and social media, how this can be used to enhance traditional communications campaigning
- Shows clear project management ability, determination to deliver results simultaneously across multiple complex accounts
- Attention to detail and accuracy in written communication
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task in time-sensitive, pressurised situations
- Can turn complex topics into concise, digestible documents
Someone who brings fresh thinking and new approaches to our client offer and new business generation
- Be able to build relationships across the Energy Team and wider company
- Being the point of contact day-to-day for client activity, responding to client’s needs and supporting the wider account team
- Be able to build trusted relationships with clients on the accounts which you work
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to work with some of the most interesting and exciting international energy firms shaping the future of the sector
- The chance to work with and learn from the leading energy communications specialists at one of the UK’s most respected energy communications team
- Opportunity to feed your creativity and ideas directly into fast moving projects and campaigns
- First rate, dedicated training that enables employees to take control of their careers to become experts in their field and trusted advisors to clients
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply to this role, please email with your latest CV [email protected]
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Other current opportunities
Account Executive, Energy.
We are looking for a disciplined self-starter who thrives on a high level of personal accountability, with a motivation to succeed and a willingness to learn.
Find out more >>
Data and Analytics Developer
We are looking for a highly-skilled, analytically creative and enthusiastic person to join our growing insights team.