Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Account Executive, Healthcare
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving the major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Madano’s Healthcare Practice
In our dedicated Healthcare Practice, our team share a common passion for science and innovation. We work with great clients who are shaping the future of healthcare – providing them with disruptive thinking and creative solutions. We specialise in communications for brands that want to make a difference and who challenge the status quo.
We approach our clients’ challenges and situations from every angle, delivering meaningful outcomes that improve the lives of patients and society as a whole. Our integrated, strategic communications approach is driven by insight and creativity, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the science and healthcare environment.
What makes us different? Our enthusiasm, our authenticity, our professional and personal approach and, importantly, a team that you will enjoy working with!
The role – Senior Account Executive / Account Executive
We are looking for a disciplined self-starter who thrives on a high level of personal accountability, with a motivation to succeed, and a willingness to learn. Consultancy experience is not essential, but an interest and appetite for all things communications – media, health campaigns, science, digital – will be what defines the successful candidate. We want someone who can help our clients tell their stories.
We are also looking for the following:
- Someone who has an interest in media and healthcare communications campaigns
- Someone with a good knowledge of digital communications and social media
- A strong scientific background and ability to simplify complex science
- Someone who has an interest in the healthcare sector and the current health agenda including latest innovations in drug development and health technology
- Shows a determination to deliver results simultaneously across multiple complex accounts
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task in time-sensitive, pressurised situations
- Can turn complex topics into concise, digestible documents
- Attention to detail and accuracy in written communication
- Someone who brings fresh thinking and new approaches to our client offer and new business generation
- Be able to build relationships across the Healthcare Team and wider company
- Be able to build trusted relationships with clients on the account which you work
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to work with varied and interesting clients
- The chance to work with a well-established, hard-working and fun team
- You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry, including specialists in our Insights & Analytics and Creative teams
- First rate, dedicated training that enables employees to take control of their careers to become experts in their field and trusted advisors to clients
- An opportunity to progress your career in a fast-growing Consultancy
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package*includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service) excluding bank holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply to this role, please email with your latest CV as well as the answers to the three questions below to [email protected]. Please do not send a covering letter.
- Who is your ideal client and why? (give your answer in less 50 words)
- Tell us about a healthcare campaign that you admire? (in less than 100 words)
- What attributes/behaviours do you think are important when thinking about delivering excellence to clients? (in less than 100 words)
Madano are committed to a fair interview process, so the answers to these questions will be reviewed as your application. Your CV and any personal details will not be available to hiring managers until first interview stage.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.