Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Account Director, Net-Zero Transition
What we can offer you
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications.
We work with clients who are seeking to solve some of the world’s major challenges through science and technology, helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
We operate in many of the areas you would expect – strategy, corporate and brand communications, government affairs, media relations, digital communications, issues management, leadership coaching and creative. We are well-connected and we get clients seen, heard and understood.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our growing Net-Zero Transition Practice. Our Team works with innovators in the energy supply chain to deliver low-carbon energy production and decarbonisation solutions across the economy. We work with clients solving nuclear fusion, using blockchain and AI to disrupt energy markets and the development of zero subsidy renewables to hydrogen powered planes, to name just a few. They are basically saving the world, and we help tell their stories to the right people at the right time.
The right candidate will have the chance to work with, lead, and learn from some of the best energy communications advisors in the business, at one of the UK’s most respected energy consultancy firms. We are looking for a committed, hard-working, and proactive leader to join our team of top-notch advisors.
The role – Account Director
We are looking for someone who can lead and drive accounts forward with a motivation to succeed and to help us manage our growing business and help us take it to the next level.
You will have an interest across the communications spectrum – media, government affairs, digital. You want to help our clients tell their stories and be a key leader of the rapidly growing team.
We are also looking for the following:
- Good understanding of media and government engagement and communications campaigns, who understands how integrated communications can deliver real-world impact
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of current events and the energy policy and business landscape
- Deploy your areas of specialisation without day-to-day supervision
- Good knowledge of digital communications and social media, how this can be used to enhance traditional communications campaigning
- Manage day-to-day client relationships. Have regular contact (meetings, phone, email) with clients and build long term relationships
- Have active understanding and awareness of clients’ issues and broader sector issues
- Understand the Madano business plan, Madano mechanics and your role in driving forward the consultancy
- Achieve high quality of work and precision to detail given tight timeframes for delivery of work
- Someone who brings fresh thinking and innovative approaches to our clients contributing to the development of pitch documents and attending networking events on a regular basis.
- Actively look to expand your network
- Actively identify potential new clients and work with you Practice leader, line manager and/or others to identify ways to engage with them
- Be able to build relationships across the Net Zero Transition Practice and wider company, and act as an ambassador for Madano’s values
- Managing junior members of the team including direct reports, along with wider mentorship across the Energy team and business
- Being the point of contact day-to-day for client activity, responding to client’s needs and supporting the wider account team
- Contributing to team recruitment efforts
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to work with some of the most interesting and exciting international energy firms shaping the future of the sector
- The chance to work with and learn from the leading energy communications specialists at one of the UK’s most respected energy communications teams
- Opportunity to feed your creativity and ideas directly into fast moving projects and campaigns
- First rate, dedicated training that enables employees to take control of their careers to become experts in their field and trusted advisors to clients
Help us Shape the Future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are taking on major challenges of our time through innovation and creative thinking – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes, and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with complex issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (rising to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Financial support and advice
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150.
- Four-week sabbatical after every 5 years’ service.
*Some benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to this role, please email with your CV mailto:[email protected].
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK (United Kingdom) by the start of their employment.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities and neurodiverse people.