Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Account Director, Healthcare
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are solving major challenges of our time through science and technology – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with serious issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
Madano’s Healthcare Practice
To make an impact in today’s crowded healthcare environment, telling a clear and distinctive story is key.
We help bring products, services and propositions to life, turning complex concepts into simple and compelling messages. Our integrated, strategic communications approach is driven by insight and creativity, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the science and healthcare environment. A combination that leads to measurable and meaningful outcomes.
In our dedicated Healthcare Practice, our team share a common passion for science and innovation, and a commitment to helping shape the future of healthcare. We work with organisations and individuals dedicated to advancing care for patients living with the rarest diseases and those trying to address the greatest health challenges of our time.
What makes us different? Our enthusiasm, our authenticity, our professional and personal approach and, importantly, a team that you will enjoy working with!
We are looking for a passionate, methodical Account Director to join the Madano Healthcare Practice to lead on client accounts, be innovative and inspiring with an ambition to contribute to shaping the future. This role offers fantastic development opportunities for an individual who is looking to take an active role in business growth and development of an established team.
The person will have experience from a similar role in a fast-paced communications environment (in-house or agency). As well as:
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of current events and the medical communications/healthcare landscape and an understanding of how they provide context for clients’ and our own business.
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust with client and be able to set and manage client expectations.
- Lead client programmes – experience in UK comms/media relations, gene therapy and/or oncology preferred
- Proactively look to identify and maximise growth opportunities with existing clients for both Madano and the broader network.
- Support in the execution of the healthcare business plan.
- Maintain an active presence in the communications and/or business community.
- Ability to lead, mentor and inspire high-performing individuals
- Conduct performance reviews, professional development and promotion processes within the practice.
- Support with the recruitment for the Practice.
- Manage the achievement of billable targets of individuals and of the Practice.
- Contribute to achieving financial performance of Madano.
- Understand and use appropriate financial and management tools to achieve client and Madano objectives.
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to work with varied and interesting global and UK clients
- The chance to work with a well-established, hard-working and fun team
- You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry, including specialists in our Insights & Analytics and Creative teams
- First rate, dedicated training that enables employees to take control of their careers to become experts in their field and trusted advisors to clients
- An opportunity to step up to become a part of a senior team in a fast-growing Consultancy
Madano helps clients define strategy and deliver their objectives through insight, creativity and communication. We deliver thought-provoking and robust outputs that create value for businesses and organisations through building brand awareness and managing reputations, helping clients win work and creating growth, and making change happen. We do this, in complex, highly regulated sectors, primarily in energy, transport, building and infrastructure and healthcare. Established in 2004, Madano is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
As well as the basic salary, great social events, and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package*includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (rising to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150
- Four-week sabbatical after every 5 years’ service
*Some benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
Want to be part of shaping the future? Here’s where to start.
Send us your latest CV, along with answers to the below questions to [email protected]
- Tell us about a healthcare campaign that you admire (in less than 100 words)
- What attributes/behaviours do you think are important when thinking about delivering excellent communication? (in less than 100 words)
We look forward to hearing from you.